If your passport is lost, it is the responsibility of the holder to inform the concerned authorities immediately. Failure to do so may result in your passport being used for illegal activities, and you may be liable for aiding and abetting an offence
Never use a passport reported stolen or lost. You are advised to obtain a new passport immediately.
· Details of passports reported stolen or lost are entered in our Stolen/Lost Passport System, & automatically shared internationally through INTERPOL to prevent misuse.
· Passports reported stolen or lost are invalidated, and cannot be used for travel.
· If a passport reported stolen or lost is recovered, it cannot be re-validated. It must be mailed to the Embassy at the address below. If requested, it can be returned to you after cancellation.
· If another person’s lost Sri Lankan passport is found, please mail it through registered post to the Embassy at the address below.
Embassy of sri Lanka,
No. 03, Jian Hua Road,
Required Documents [Original+ 1 set of photocopies (excluding Forms K & D)]
All Photocopies Should Be Submitted in A4 Size.
Please note that applications submitted without originals WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Duly filled “Form K” and “Form D”and the Complaint Form issued by the Department of Immigration and Emigration, Sri Lanka (DOWNLOAD HERE)
Three Passport Size Colour Photographs (3.5cm *4.5cm)
Original Sri Lankan Birth Certificate issued by the Registrar General Department, Sri Lanka (Translation is not accepted)
Sri Lankan Citizenship Certificate (Applicable only if you are born outside Sri Lanka)
Copy of stolen/lost Passport (Copies of Bio Data Page and observation page)
Police Report obtained from relevant Police Station
National Identity Card (Only if you have obtained a new Identity Card)
Dual Citizenship document (submit photocopies of both sides)
Foreign Passport (Applicable only for dual Citizenship holders)
(only if you have changed your name after Marriage) Original Marriage Certificate -Translation is not accepted.
Documents to prove your Profession (If applicable)
Submission of forged documents (Birth Certificates, etc.) and false declarations in relation to the citizenship status is an offence. Such cases will be reported to the relevant authorities and payment will not be refunded.
· When your passport is realised to be lost or stolen, immediately make a complaint to your local police station in your country of residence. Obtain a Police Report (Statutory Declaration).
– Please make sure that your glasses/hats or caps are removed
– Both ears and the forehead should be clearly visible
– If you send the application via post, one of your photographs pasted in page 2 of the application should be certified by an authorised Chinese certification body. (Please see instructions below for further details)
· Attestations are not required if documents are submitted directly to the Embassy by Applicant. Forms should be signed only before an authorized officer of the Embassy.
· If you are above 18 years of age, and born outside of Sri Lanka, an affidavit for citizenship declaration should be submitted DOWNLOAD HERE
· Dual Citizenship Applicant under Retention category – If you have not yet obtained a foreign passport, you should submit a letter confirming that. This letter should be addressed to the “Controller General, Department of Immigration and Emigration, Sri Lanka”
Payment should be made ONLY by cash at the counter
New Passport Fee: RMB 2556/- (USD 373/-) (if a photocopy of the Bio-Data page of the lost passport is available)
New Passport Fee: RMB 3241/- (USD 473/-) (if a photocopy of the Bio-Data page of the lost passport is unavailable)
Personal/Company cheques and Credit Cards are not accepted.
IF YOU WISH TO SUBMIT THE DOCUMENTS BY POST:
Application (page 4) and copies of all other required documents and one of your photographs pasted on page 2 of the application need to be certified (with an official stamp) by an authorised Chinese certification body. (Lawyer, Justice of Peace, Government officer). Also, it is compulsory to submit your current passport along with the application.
The relevant payment should be done as a bank transfer to the official account of the Sri Lanka Embassy in Beijing. (official bank account of the Embassy of Sri Lanka in Beijing)
1. Once received, your application will be forwarded to the Overseas Missions Department at the Department of Immigration & Emigration in Sri Lanka. Provided that all the necessary documents have been submitted (see Required Documents & Instructions), a new passport will be issued in approximately within two- three months.
· The Embassy cannot guarantee the issuance of a passport within a specific time period.
· During this process, the old passport is cancelled by the Controller, Immigration & Emigration. Applicants are advised to refrain from travelling to Sri Lanka until a new passport has been received.
2. When the new passport is received at the Consulate, it will be forwarded to the applicant’s given address by post. The postal charges are to be borne by the applicant. Please notify the Embassy of any change in address via email (email@example.com).
· As per Section 35(a) of the Immigrants and Emigrants Act No 20 of 1948 as amended in 2015, the Department of Immigration and Emigration is required to collect Biometrics from passport applicants. The Department will be introducing a new procedure to collect the fingerprints of passport holders whose passport has been issued through Sri Lanka Diplomatic Missions after 01st November 2017. The procedure requires every passport holder aged 16- 60 years to provide biometrics (fingerprints and digital face image) to the Department upon their first entry to Sri Lanka.
· You are advised to arrange your travel in a way that allows sufficient time to provide your Biometrics to the department. Biometrics can only be submitted at the locations below.
· Biometrics cannot be provided at the airport. You are advised to provide your biometrics prior to departure from Sri Lanka, as failure to do so will prevent you from leaving the country.
· Biometric Data Acquisition is conducted free of charge. No payments are required.