Authentication of Foreign Domestic Helper Employment Contracts
– Hong Kong SAR
Authentication of Employment Contracts of the Sri Lankan employees in Hong Kong SAR is handled by the Embassy of Sri Lanka in Beijing, China with effect from 20.02.2023 as a result of the services of the Sri Lanka Honorary Consulate in Hong Kong SAR temporarily terminating with effect from 01.03.2023 as the Honorary Consul will be resigning from the Post.
In this regard, the following documents/information has to be sent to the Embassy of Sri Lanka in Beijing, China in order to process the authentication of Employment Contracts.
Embassy of Sri Lanka in Beijing
No. 3, Jian Hua Lu
Beijing 100600, People’s Republic of China.
Direct: 0086-10-65327095, 65325355, 65329235
1. Duly filled Application for authentication of Employment Contracts for Domestic Helper - Form BJEC(2023)
2. Duly filled and signed Employment Contracts 04 copies (originals) - Form 407 (11/2016)
- If the Employment Contract to be authenticated is for renewal, please submit a copy of the previous contract.
3. The payment receipt (Bank slip)
- Authentication fee will be USD47.00 or RMB330.00 for one Employment Contract.
- The applicant may directly transfer relevant fee to the USD or RMB account of the Embassy of Sri Lanka in China (download Bank details). Please note that Cash/Bank drafts/Demand drafts/cheques are not acceptable.
* Note: If there are any bank charges applicable, it should be borne by the Applicant.
4. Helper's registration number at Sri Lanka Bureau of Foreign Employment (SLBFE)
- A copy of the SLBFE registration (applicable to renewals only)/Sri Lanka’s ID card would be helpful.
5. A copy of data page of passport of the Employee.
6. A copy of the Hong Kong ID of the Employer and Employee (except those who enter Hong Kong for the first time).
7. Postal address of the Applicant when the authenticated Employment Contracts should be sent back and his/her contact number.
- Applicant may pay the postal charges when receiving the authenticated Employment Contracts.
8. Contact number (mobile is preferred) and the e-mail address of the Applicant to notify if any further requirements of the documents.